Notice: List of dance events has moved to events.
- When not knowing what to do, breath and feel the connection between the foot and the floor
- The dance trance, forget the border between oneself and the universe
- You dance with the floor, the partner, the music, and much more
- Use mythological figures and archetypes in the dance, like the indian Shiva(tandava), the eagle(shamanic), 天(tai chi), the norse and greek gods, warrior(african dance), etc.
- Remember and join the intention of each of the trillions of cells of our body
Dance notes (in progress)
I prefer fusion dance, such as contact-tango.
My roots come from argentine tango (since 2003),
and later many other dances, both solo and social.
Get in touch, if you feel like a dance exchange,
especially if you have different dance roots than I,
as that often lead to interesting
- Walking, one blind-folded, and one protecting against collisions.
- Standing – connection – just initiating movement from center to partners feet
- Just walking to music in the direction of the dance.
- The embrace: hug, and then release one arm. (show example of good/bad hugs, for laughs and rememberance)
- Dance with objective of minimising distance between oneself and the couple in front (good for teaching floorcraft).
- “Look ma’, no hands”: visual connection, chest connection
- Connection through various points: shoulders, head, stomach, fingers, …
- Musicality: same song (different versions / artist) through most the lesson, to get to know its structure well, and make it easier to play with
- Dancing individual instruments.
- Being slow and fast on the beat. Going against the beat. Walking individually and in couples.
- Make a dance of just walking. Make it interesting through music.
- Crossed/parallel system.
- Lead without walking, counter lead (from standing)
- Enumerate all possibilities of where to move.
- Mirror figure
- Reverse in middle of figure
- Front to back connection (show-dance-like, but can be good in social too)
- Follower closes eyes and connects with hand to leads center, to origin of movement.
- Blindfolded couple + one/two caretakers
- Changing roles, changing roles during dance, diffused roles
- Balloon dance
- Arms along stick/broom behind neck, – practice dissociation
- Leader impulse – follower intepretation – leader following the follower
- Warm-up: starting/dancing with feets moving upwards through all body parts
- Aikido/chi energy
- Different origins of movement in the body
Chronological notes and experiences:
- 2018-03-22 deciding to log dance experiences to remember them
- 2018-03-21 using momentum/jerk of leg/arm to extend movement of the body
- 2018-03-19 mythological dance: connection between Ask Yggdrasil and the chakras
- 2017-10-03 “light fibers” during dance
- 2017-10-03 slowness as source of intensity
- 2017-10-02 stopping and ask participants to reflect with each other during dance class